Health Insurance in today’s world has become a necessity. With aggravating medical costs and increasing inflation, getting a treatment done in the private hospital has become extremely non affordable unless and until you have an emergency fund or a mitigation plan. The treatment for critical illnesses may require lakhs of rupees creating a big hole in your financial kitty. Here comes the importance of the best Health Insurance Plan, which act as a risk mitigation tool.
Health insurance plan helps to meet those unexpected medical expenses and allows the person to afford the best health care services without the hassles of arranging funds to avail it. It is important to buy a health insurance plan at an early age to avail lower premium and adequate health insurance sum insured.
Health Plans offer a bundle of benefits ranging from offering cashless hospitalization in the network hospitals, pre and post hospitalization expenses, in-patient hospitalization expenses, daycare procedures, tax benefit under section 80D, etc.
It is important to do your bit of research or consult an insurance expert online before buying the best health insurance plan. It is imperative to compare the Best Health Insurance Plans and zero down the plan as per your needs and requirement.
Let us have a look at the top 5 Best Health Insurance Plans of 2019.
- The plan covers pre and post-hospitalization up to 60 days before and 90 days post hospitalization
- It offers cashless hospitalization facility over 5700 listed network hospitals
- Offers sum insured ranging from 1.5 Lakh to 50 Lakh
- You may cover your parents, parents in law, grandparents, grandchildren, as well as dependent siblings under this plan
- Avail various discounts like a family discount of 10% for covering 2 members, 15% for 3 members
- Long term policy discount of 4% for 2 yrs, 8% for 3 yrs
- Ayurvedic and Homeopathic hospitalization cover
- Free preventive health checkup every 3 years, irrespective of a claim
- Maternity and newborn baby expenses cover
- Tax Benefits under section 80 D
- This plan covers an extensive range of sum insured starting from 2 lakh to 6 crore.
- The plan covers pre and post hospitalization up to 30 days before and 60 days post hospitalization
- The plan covers room rent, ICU charges, ambulance expenses, daily allowance as per the specified limits under the plan
- It offers discounts of 7.5 % for opting 2 years and 10% for opting 3 years as the policy term
- The plan offers lifelong renewability
- It offers No claim bonus up to the maximum of 150% of the sum insured under super no claim bonus option
- The plan offers an automatic recharge of sum insured without any additional cost
- 170 Daycare procedures are covered which require hospitalization for less than 24 hours
- Tax Benefit under section 80 D
- In-patient hospitalization expenses such as room rent, nursing and boarding charges, Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist fees, Cost of Medicines and Drugs, etc. are covered for a minimum stay of 24 hours.
- The plan offers automatic restoration of sum insured by 100%
- No capping on the room rent and the treatment cost subject to the sum insured
- Cover for Maternity and newborn baby
- The plan offers the sum insured ranging from 5 Lakh to 25 lakh
- The plan offers 6000 plus network hospitals for availing cashless treatment facility
- Pre & Post Hospitalization expenses are covered for a period of 30 days before and 60 days after hospitalization
- No claim bonus of 50% of the initial sum insured up to a maximum of 100% of sum insured for every claim-free year
- Plan offers Health Check-up once after a block of every three claim-free years
- The plan covers inpatient hospitalization expenses up to the sum insured limit
- Pre hospitalization expenses are covered up to 60 days before hospitalization and post hospitalization expenses are covered up to 90 days after hospitalization.
- Daycare procedures which need the insured to be hospitalized for less than 24 hours which are listed in the policy contract
- Domiciliary treatment expenses are covered under this plan
- The medical expenses of the organ donor are also covered under this plan
- Avail up to 30% of premium through various discounts offered under the plan
- 100% Restoration of Sum Insured during the policy year
- Plan offers 5% of no claim bonus for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 100%.
- Health check-up for all major insured persons once every 3 years
- Tax Benefits under section 80D of the income tax act, 1961
- It is a complete health plan with no sub-limits
- No pre-policy medical check-up up to 45 years
- AYUSH cover available to get treatment under alternative forms of medicine
- Avail 10% family discount under this plan
- Avail cashless hospitalization benefits across 5000+ hospitals
- Lifelong renewability available under this plan
- Enjoy hassle-free claims procedure
- Cumulative Bonus of 5% of the sum insured for each claim-free policy year, up to a maximum of 50% of the base sum insured
- Health check-up is covered after 4 continuous claim-free policy years
- Avail tax benefits under section 80D as per IT Act, 1961 for the premium paid for this plan
Lastly, it is important to read the fine print of the policy carefully. Do not hurriedly buy the health policy without going through the details. It is also important to review the sub-limits, co-payments and waiting period clauses under the policy before making a final decision to opt for the best health insurance plans.